Liver in Venice style
(for 4 people)
600 g. of veal liver
500 g. of onions
6 spoonfuls of virgin olive oil
30 g. of butter
A spring of parsley
100 g. of small bread slices
1. Ask the butcher to prepare the liver cut into thin slices. Peel the onions and cut them into slice.
2. Heat up the olive oil and 15g of butter in a frying non-stick pen. Turn the onion golden with the chopped parsley. Put the lid on and let it cook over a very low flame, often stirring with a wooden spoonful. The cook should long at least 30 minutes.
3. If the onion sticks on the frying pen, add some spoonfuls of hot stock. If you want it sweeter, you can also add a spoonful of sugar.
4. Flour the sticks of liver and add them to the onion. After a while, add some spoonfuls of hot stock. Cook if over a high flame, without the lid, during 5 minutes. Add salt.
5. In another frying pen, fry the slices of bread and the rest of the butter. Serve hot the liver with the onion, with the toast around. You can serve with cornflour or mashed potatoes.